Skip to main content

Hat update

Knit Michigan is looming near. I feel lost if I don't have a chemo cap on the needles and the needles aren't with me. As of Tuesday night we have 49 chemo caps, as a guild. Not including mine. I think I am going to raise my goal to 40. Scary. We should be able to meet a 100 hat goal. I would like to turn them in at the end of our day at 3pm. We can lay them all out to be admired by all. We have good sign up and any one wanting to come in for an hour or so that isn't signed up is more than welcome.

We are going to host a Ravelry round up at Knit Michigan so talk about it alot and pass it on. No idea how many to expect. Could be huge this year.

I have a list of things to try to keep supplied this year. I am going to bring my large coffee maker, cream and sugar. Chris H. has offered to bring a coffee cake. If anyone has ideas or suggestions feel free to shout them out. Thank you to all who have offered help.
Hats are calling, Judith

Comments

Anonymous said…
I have the decaf tea/ reg tea bags, instant coffee and decaf, creamora and sugar, cups, spoons and little plates and napkins for hospitality....want me to bring them?
Anonymous said…
Think I'm already signed up to bring something to eat at Knit Michigan. Probably will make some kind of cookies so they will go farther.
Kathleen said…
I'm baking cookies too. I will be there at 9:00 to help you set up. Is there anything else you need?

Popular posts from this blog

We've Moved!

Our new location for guild meetings is Central Oaks Community Church in Royal Oak. Our blog is moving too! This site will remain as an archive of past events. For current information and happenings with the guild, visit our new Facebook Community Page :  BSKG Meetings & Events . See you there! Our other Facebook presence, the Group :  Black Sheep Knitting Guild , is still there for all members to post and share about knitting.

March Guild Meeting with Melynda Bernardi

Our guest speaker,  Melynda Bernardi of French Press  Knits, was wonderful! She shared about her background as a knitter, how the name French Press Knits was chosen,  how she started by selling felted slippers and progressed in to writing patterns. Her work is beautiful and she brought several samples to share. Melynda graciously offered a discount on her online patterns for the month of March for our guild members!

BSKG 1st Guest Post

Posted by Kim Whelan  "copyright Geneve Hoffman Photography" I have this friend; maybe you have one like her? She’s the kind of friend that has all these crazy, great ideas, and somehow, before you know it, you’re smack dab in the middle of something! This friend is the reason that I found myself starting a knitting guild (BSKG) with her a few years ago and found myself president of said guild a few years later. She is also the reason that I started designing patterns. I was just drifting along, calmly knitting away when she said “write a pattern, challenge yourself” That is how I came to write my very first pattern “Etta” which appeared in Lace One Skein Wonders . Now writing a pattern didn’t come easy, there were many mistakes along the way, but I stuck with it and finally I had a pattern I was proud to publish on Ravelry. After that first pattern I wrote a few more that I was lucky enough to have printed in some local publications. But that friend of mine,