Skip to main content

Brrrr!!

Has anyone been cuddling up under their knitting these past few days? The socks I'm working on don't seem to be warming me too much, I'll need to get busy on a sweater or something larger!

We had a HUGE group at the Coffee Beanery last week, we keep growing and growing. I so enjoy everyone's friendly attitudes. When we were talking about our guild and comparing meeting locations, Judith mentioned how much she likes how we don't seem to have a clique of people who stick together. . .I agree! It seems like every time I turn around I'm learning something new about someone and finding a way to connect. You just have to love that!

Rumor has it that another group may be meeting at the Coffee Beanery during the daytime on Thursday or Friday. For those of you who can't always make it to knit with us in the evening, this may be a perfect way to get your social knitting fix! As I find out more, I'll post it here.

You've probably noticed the changes to the blog. . .more are coming! Kate has done some fabulous work designing a new logo. . .and it will be appearing soon on a blog near you! We've also planned to order some embroidered knitting totes. Details will be coming soon, so start saving your pennies!

Upcoming events:

Knit Michigan--February 2, 2008 We're nearly half-way to our goal of having 100 chemo caps to donate. . .keep up the good work!

Chelsea Spinner's Flock Fleece Fair
--February 16, 2008 Kim will have the details of this event for the next meeting, it's a bit of a drive, but great fun!

Secret Pal Bag swap--March-May 2008 Details will come at the March guild meeting, but start thinking if you'd like to swap a knitted bag with a guild pal. . .who better to appreciate your hand knitting than another knitter?

Dexter's Pioneer Crafts Art Fair--March 15, 2008 Again, details to come at a guild meeting soon!

2nd Annual Retreat
--April 25-27, 2008 At our January meeting, there were several who thought they might not be able to sign up in time before all of the spots were filled! There was a mad rush to register! We have all spots filled for the dyeing workshop, but have reserved extra space for others who want to join in on the fun and do a mystery knit-along or a shop hop. . .a $75 deposit is required to hold your spot by the February guild meeting. . .more fun than you can stand in one weekend! Check out The Hankerd Inn website for pictures! This is a great time to relax and connect with other guild members. . .and we have fabulous goodie bags planned for those who attend this year! You'll want to make sure you get one of these limited edition surprises!

Swap and Sale
--May Guild meeting. . .start to think about what you may want (or need) to destash! We'll also have dinner catered by the Coffee Beanery if you'd like to eat and shop all at once!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello to all:

I for one would be very interested in meeting people at the Beanery (or anywhere for that matter) to knit during the a.m. hours as I have just recently started working afternoon shift. I'm not confined to any one day of the week, so let me know! I miss my fellow Tuesday night knitters -- chamel5@sbcglobal.net

Popular posts from this blog

We've Moved!

Our new location for guild meetings is Central Oaks Community Church in Royal Oak. Our blog is moving too! This site will remain as an archive of past events. For current information and happenings with the guild, visit our new Facebook Community Page :  BSKG Meetings & Events . See you there! Our other Facebook presence, the Group :  Black Sheep Knitting Guild , is still there for all members to post and share about knitting.

March Guild Meeting with Melynda Bernardi

Our guest speaker,  Melynda Bernardi of French Press  Knits, was wonderful! She shared about her background as a knitter, how the name French Press Knits was chosen,  how she started by selling felted slippers and progressed in to writing patterns. Her work is beautiful and she brought several samples to share. Melynda graciously offered a discount on her online patterns for the month of March for our guild members!

BSKG 1st Guest Post

Posted by Kim Whelan  "copyright Geneve Hoffman Photography" I have this friend; maybe you have one like her? She’s the kind of friend that has all these crazy, great ideas, and somehow, before you know it, you’re smack dab in the middle of something! This friend is the reason that I found myself starting a knitting guild (BSKG) with her a few years ago and found myself president of said guild a few years later. She is also the reason that I started designing patterns. I was just drifting along, calmly knitting away when she said “write a pattern, challenge yourself” That is how I came to write my very first pattern “Etta” which appeared in Lace One Skein Wonders . Now writing a pattern didn’t come easy, there were many mistakes along the way, but I stuck with it and finally I had a pattern I was proud to publish on Ravelry. After that first pattern I wrote a few more that I was lucky enough to have printed in some local publications. But that friend of mine,