Skip to main content

For Harriet

Harriet was a bit pushy on Tuesday night and began harrassing and harumphing about how long it's been since we've posted. . .This post is for her. (Actually, it's good that she gave me a bit of a push to get my act in gear and get back in the swing of things!)

Most of the BSKG Board met last night and began to wrap things up from our 1st successful year, and we began to look forward to programming and planning for next fall. (I haven't even gotten my first sunburn of the season, and we're already thinking about September! It's hard for me to wrap my head around.) We'll share some of the details with you next week at our last meeting for the 2006-07 year.

Just because we're heading into our last meeting, doesn't mean there's not a TON of fun planned for the summer. Kim has led us in some AWESOME field trips and retreats, and she's got more up her sleeve for the summer. Next up is a trip to Lansing and ThreadBear Fiber Art Studio as well as Rae's Yarn Boutique. Both have great selections of yarn, interesting samples and knowledgeable staff to help us spend our money. ThreadBear publishes a weekly email newsletter that includes links to free patterns. If you don't have time to surf the net on your own, you'll want to sign up for it. . .lots-o-knitting eye candy will come right to your mailbox!

Our May meeting is this Tuesday. We'll be having a light dinner of sandwiches and salad catered by The Coffee Beanery. (Cost for dinner is $12, please RSVP by this weekend so we have a close count. . .you can pay at the meeting if you haven't yet)

We'll also be having our first annual "Swap and Sale". The event is intentially loosely planned hoping to encourage creativity and fun. We want our members to clean out their stashes and bring those yarns, patterns, needles and knitting bags for us to oogle and perhaps go home with. The pricing is completely up to you. Some of us may want to recoup some of the money we spent on the yarn, others may simply want to swap it for something else. The choice is up to you! There will be conference tables set up in the hallway, we'll be eating in the Home-Ec room. Come prepared to barter, haggle, swap and perhaps hand over some cash. Hopefully, we'll go home with some new treats to dream of knitting. As always, Judith can collect yarn you want to donate for charity knitting if you have some.

I'll even throw in a prize for the ugliest item (as voted on by members). . .now if that isn't a challenge, I don't know what is!

Glad to be back,
Pictures next time. Promise.
--t

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmmmm. Harrassing and harumphing, eh? Well, maybe I should take that as a compliment. I think I will, cause I sure don't want to take it as a criticism. LOL!

Glad to see you back in the saddle(so to speak). Hope someone writes a bit about the retreat and how great it was. I finished my moebius last night and did steam block it. Unfortunately, now it's a bit too big, so I think I'll have to wet block it and hope it'll get back to being a bit smaller. It does look great though. 8D
Anonymous said…
YIKES! I just realized that you posted at 4:47 AM. I certainly didn't mean for you to lose any sleep in order to write a post! Sorry about that.
Anonymous said…
Tanya,
I don't have your email address or phone number, but am hoping this gets to you soon. Would you have the fall 2004 issue of Interweave Knit magazine? Or know someone who does? I'm trying to locate a pattern for the Flower Basket Shawl that was in that issue. If you do, please contact me (hnatlas@hotmail.com) - thanks and hope you have a great weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

We've Moved!

Our new location for guild meetings is Central Oaks Community Church in Royal Oak. Our blog is moving too! This site will remain as an archive of past events. For current information and happenings with the guild, visit our new Facebook Community Page :  BSKG Meetings & Events . See you there! Our other Facebook presence, the Group :  Black Sheep Knitting Guild , is still there for all members to post and share about knitting.

March Guild Meeting with Melynda Bernardi

Our guest speaker,  Melynda Bernardi of French Press  Knits, was wonderful! She shared about her background as a knitter, how the name French Press Knits was chosen,  how she started by selling felted slippers and progressed in to writing patterns. Her work is beautiful and she brought several samples to share. Melynda graciously offered a discount on her online patterns for the month of March for our guild members!

BSKG 1st Guest Post

Posted by Kim Whelan  "copyright Geneve Hoffman Photography" I have this friend; maybe you have one like her? She’s the kind of friend that has all these crazy, great ideas, and somehow, before you know it, you’re smack dab in the middle of something! This friend is the reason that I found myself starting a knitting guild (BSKG) with her a few years ago and found myself president of said guild a few years later. She is also the reason that I started designing patterns. I was just drifting along, calmly knitting away when she said “write a pattern, challenge yourself” That is how I came to write my very first pattern “Etta” which appeared in Lace One Skein Wonders . Now writing a pattern didn’t come easy, there were many mistakes along the way, but I stuck with it and finally I had a pattern I was proud to publish on Ravelry. After that first pattern I wrote a few more that I was lucky enough to have printed in some local publications. But that friend of mine,