Skip to main content

January Meeting

January 2017!! The snow, freezing rain and monsoon did not keep the Black Sheep at home! We had a wonderful group of knitters.

I would like to introduce myself, Dorinda B, the new guild blogger along with Kathy S. I will be popping around the room at every meeting to get as many pictures as I can. So most likely, you will never see me in a post! Also let me know if there are things you would like to see included in the blog.




We celebrated the 10th Anniversary of the Black Sheep Guild, albeit a few months late. The cake was fabulous!


Kathy S did the ceremonial passing of the baton to Tracey, our new President! Well, they were actually size 50 needles. So appropriate.





SNEAKY SHEEP TIME!! 


Kim and Tanya had some wonderful ideas for the 2017 Sneaky Sheep. I have already signed up!
Please check your email for the info on all the details. Check out the tab at the top of the blog with all the sneaky sheep info. 


Our guest Speaker was Sam, one of the owners from The Yarn Stop in Clawson

THE YARN STOP

25 South Main Street Clawson MI 48017 US
+1 (248) 808-6630


Sam was an excellent speaker and a passionate knitter. 
Please check out The Yarn Stop for some great classes



Show & Share. I am always so amazed at the talent in the BSG! 
WOW you all know how to rock the needles!


















Here is a list of up coming events. I will try to make a tab at the top of the page for EVENTS.

Winter Fleece Fair
Feb 18, 2017 Saturday 10 - 4
Beach Middle School
445 Mayer Drive
Chelsea, MI 48118


Madrona Fiber Arts Winter Retreat
Feb 16-19


Madison Knit In
March 17-19, 2017



Winter Wine & Wool 
 Sandhill Crane Vineyard
4724 Walz Rd, Jackson, MI
517-764-0679.


Until next month, Keep Stitching!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We've Moved!

Our new location for guild meetings is Central Oaks Community Church in Royal Oak. Our blog is moving too! This site will remain as an archive of past events. For current information and happenings with the guild, visit our new Facebook Community Page :  BSKG Meetings & Events . See you there! Our other Facebook presence, the Group :  Black Sheep Knitting Guild , is still there for all members to post and share about knitting.

BSKG 1st Guest Post

Posted by Kim Whelan  "copyright Geneve Hoffman Photography" I have this friend; maybe you have one like her? She’s the kind of friend that has all these crazy, great ideas, and somehow, before you know it, you’re smack dab in the middle of something! This friend is the reason that I found myself starting a knitting guild (BSKG) with her a few years ago and found myself president of said guild a few years later. She is also the reason that I started designing patterns. I was just drifting along, calmly knitting away when she said “write a pattern, challenge yourself” That is how I came to write my very first pattern “Etta” which appeared in Lace One Skein Wonders . Now writing a pattern didn’t come easy, there were many mistakes along the way, but I stuck with it and finally I had a pattern I was proud to publish on Ravelry. After that first pattern I wrote a few more that I was lucky enough to have printed in some local publications. But that friend of mine,

March Guild Meeting with Melynda Bernardi

Our guest speaker,  Melynda Bernardi of French Press  Knits, was wonderful! She shared about her background as a knitter, how the name French Press Knits was chosen,  how she started by selling felted slippers and progressed in to writing patterns. Her work is beautiful and she brought several samples to share. Melynda graciously offered a discount on her online patterns for the month of March for our guild members!