Skip to main content
A plethora of Black Sheep are celebrating birthdays in June. Hippo birdie 2 ewe: Amy McRae, Kelley Kencik, Linda Lutomski, Kelley Andersen, Mary Moylen, Andrea Lafferty,
and Sarah Turner.

did ewe know......
that Eileen Patra and Julie Miller are mother & daughter?

what was your first project & when?
Eileen: First one I remember was in college - I crocheted a soft sculpture of gigantic jingle bells
Julie: a black & pink Jiffy scarf. I think it's about 6 feet long

what was/is your favorite project?
Eileen: cabled socks
Julie: I'm making a crochet zombie army for my husband... it's sort of an ongoing project. I soon hope to have many tiny hordes around the house.

salty or sweet?
Eileen: sweet [used to be salty - love them both]
Julie: salty!

tell us something interesting about yourself
Eileen: I was in a TV commercial as a child. I advertised Twin Pines Milk on the Milky's Party Time show, extension phones on The Bell Telephone Hour, and cars for GM.
Julie: I own 9 pairs of Converse All Stars.

aside from knitting what are you passionate about?
Eileen: spiritual things & Youth Ministry - inspiring young people to
"know themselves".
Julie: writing is a big one. Though I'd been ignoring it for the last few years because college sort of sapped my attention for literature. The last few months have been really productive for me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
can you put something up about world wid knit in public day and the art bash. Some of the Black sheep don't do Ravelry! Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

We've Moved!

Our new location for guild meetings is Central Oaks Community Church in Royal Oak. Our blog is moving too! This site will remain as an archive of past events. For current information and happenings with the guild, visit our new Facebook Community Page :  BSKG Meetings & Events . See you there! Our other Facebook presence, the Group :  Black Sheep Knitting Guild , is still there for all members to post and share about knitting.

March Guild Meeting with Melynda Bernardi

Our guest speaker,  Melynda Bernardi of French Press  Knits, was wonderful! She shared about her background as a knitter, how the name French Press Knits was chosen,  how she started by selling felted slippers and progressed in to writing patterns. Her work is beautiful and she brought several samples to share. Melynda graciously offered a discount on her online patterns for the month of March for our guild members!

BSKG 1st Guest Post

Posted by Kim Whelan  "copyright Geneve Hoffman Photography" I have this friend; maybe you have one like her? She’s the kind of friend that has all these crazy, great ideas, and somehow, before you know it, you’re smack dab in the middle of something! This friend is the reason that I found myself starting a knitting guild (BSKG) with her a few years ago and found myself president of said guild a few years later. She is also the reason that I started designing patterns. I was just drifting along, calmly knitting away when she said “write a pattern, challenge yourself” That is how I came to write my very first pattern “Etta” which appeared in Lace One Skein Wonders . Now writing a pattern didn’t come easy, there were many mistakes along the way, but I stuck with it and finally I had a pattern I was proud to publish on Ravelry. After that first pattern I wrote a few more that I was lucky enough to have printed in some local publications. But that friend of mine,