Skip to main content

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Or so says my friend Roz.
PICT0471
These are my boots. You'll notice how nice and dry they are. They are truly the warmest, sturdiest boots I've owned in a long time. The keep my feet cozy, and I rarely slip and slide around when I'm wearing them due to the nice bumpy tread on the bottom. I heart these boots.
PICT0468
These are the shoes I wore to school. They are also the shoes I walked one mile home in during the snow storm at around 5pm when I left my student after his tutoring session.
PICT0469
These are my pants, and very wet wool socks (albeit handmade, wet Socks That Rock. . .but at this point, does it really matter how well made they are and how well they fit?) Do you notice how far up the puddles splashed when I thought I was walking on solid ground? Can you see the mud that splashed up when I was sliding across barely unfrozen muddy playing fields trying to avoid the ankle deep puddles of slush?
PICT0467
This is my head. You'll notice that there is no hat covering it. Not one of the many hand knit hats I have in my coat closet. Not even a polar fleece hat made years ago to keep me warm when skiing. Nope, not a store bought hat that is fashionable, but not really functional. Not even a chemo cap made by Judith for Knit Michigan.
PICT0470
Obviously, I need to be reminded exactly how quickly weather can change in Southeast Michigan.

So, plan ahead. . .well, even that doesn't work so well. I planned for a snow day today and it didn't happen. . .

Hopefully, your knitting is planned and swatched and moving forward as planned.

Send pictures of your UFO pile, or post a list to keep us all updated.
--t

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We've Moved!

Our new location for guild meetings is Central Oaks Community Church in Royal Oak. Our blog is moving too! This site will remain as an archive of past events. For current information and happenings with the guild, visit our new Facebook Community Page :  BSKG Meetings & Events . See you there! Our other Facebook presence, the Group :  Black Sheep Knitting Guild , is still there for all members to post and share about knitting.

March Guild Meeting with Melynda Bernardi

Our guest speaker,  Melynda Bernardi of French Press  Knits, was wonderful! She shared about her background as a knitter, how the name French Press Knits was chosen,  how she started by selling felted slippers and progressed in to writing patterns. Her work is beautiful and she brought several samples to share. Melynda graciously offered a discount on her online patterns for the month of March for our guild members!

BSKG 1st Guest Post

Posted by Kim Whelan  "copyright Geneve Hoffman Photography" I have this friend; maybe you have one like her? She’s the kind of friend that has all these crazy, great ideas, and somehow, before you know it, you’re smack dab in the middle of something! This friend is the reason that I found myself starting a knitting guild (BSKG) with her a few years ago and found myself president of said guild a few years later. She is also the reason that I started designing patterns. I was just drifting along, calmly knitting away when she said “write a pattern, challenge yourself” That is how I came to write my very first pattern “Etta” which appeared in Lace One Skein Wonders . Now writing a pattern didn’t come easy, there were many mistakes along the way, but I stuck with it and finally I had a pattern I was proud to publish on Ravelry. After that first pattern I wrote a few more that I was lucky enough to have printed in some local publications. But that friend of mine,